How to Use Our Site
The UK Gluten Free Restaurant Guide has identified restaurants that provide gluten free menu options or will modify their existing course offerings to accommodate those who are gluten intolerant.
For those restaurants that can accommodate the gluten free diner, we recommend informing your server as soon as possible. This way they can identify those meals that can be prepared to meet your dietary needs or consult with the chef on food preparation issues or concerns.
We have made it easy for you to identify those restaurants that have gluten free menu choices by placing the icon under the restaurants listing. If the restaurant displays the following icon then this establishment will prepare meals in a way that accommodates the Gluten Intolerant diner. (You can also roll your mouse over each icon and it will remind you what the icons mean.)
First you will need to choose a cuisine. Our categories can be rather broad in some cases but, the guide below will help direct you to where you need to look.
- Asian – includes Chinese, Japanese, Thai & Vietnamese
- Café/Coffee House – cafes and coffee shops
- European – includes French, Greek, Spanish and Mediterrean cuisine
- Fine Dining – includes those restaurants with Michelin stars
- Gastro Pubs – pubs with a contemporary menu
- Indian – traditional Indian cuisine
- Italian – includes those serving pizza
- Modern British – classic, modern and contemporary British cuisine
- Seafood – including fish restaurants and fish & chip takeaways
Once you have a selected a cuisine, roll your mouse over that menu and then select a county within central England such as Derbyshire, Herefordshire, Nottinghamshire, Shropshire , Staffordshire, West Midlands, or Worcestershire and finally click the City.